HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Dec 18, 2018

Farmhouse Cottage Christmas 2018


Traditionalist - is a word that does not describe me in any way what so ever. I have no 'must do's' on my Christmas list. In fact, I don't even make a Christmas list. Some years I decorate and some years I don't bother digging out my ornaments nor the off gassing faux Christmas tree. Yes.. that's right- faux Christmas trees even from the over priced companies like 'Balsam overkill Hill'  are made in China and are toxic.Warnings suggest washing your hands after handling faux trees and advise that children and pets do not come in contact with the tree due to lead exposure. Holiday buzz kill, yeah, I know. After learning this I now use USA made leather work gloves to set up my faux tree. All that aside, I felt super happy and very festive this season and decided to dress up this little cottage for Christmas.
                           
 I went all out this year by adding Christmas cheer to the front room, the dining nook, the bedroom and even a dash of Christmas charm in my itty-bitty bathroom. Do y'all decorate your bathroom for the holidays? I don't know what got into me this year, but I'm posting pics that document the results.


A mantle with multiple shelving options works out great in a 570' tiny farmhouse
                                                                    
These tiny silver trees remind me of the vintage silver trees from the 50's.


                                                                                        
One of my favorite chippy & tattered vintage frames


                                                                         
Natural and painted pine-cones add charm and are a cheap ornament


                                         

This little bird is wearing a dainty crown


This little iron dog with wings is a favorite of mine. He is also wearing a crown





                         
Mantle jewelry adds bling for the holidays










                                                                  


                                                                                  
My coffee table is an old wash basin stand with wheels and it also folds down flat


                                                                                   


                                                                                       
A vintage star tree top adds ambiance in this little space

                                            

                                                                                 

A cozy spot to snuggle up for cold winter evenings




                                         



                       






A vintage rocking chair was a bargain for $25.00


My tiny front room dressed for Christmas



A chippy rusty angel dog sporting a crown and pearls


Chain garland holds vintage family photos as well as silver paper stars 




Thanks for visiting the front room in my little 570' farmhouse in the Appalachian mountains. Come   back soon to see more farmhouse goodness. I will be sharing pictures of my kitchen nook and the     bedroom as well as my Christmas tree in upcoming posts.

                                    Remember - It is never too late to have a happy childhood.

                                                                    Tonita

               Sharing this post over at -   The Charm of Home
                                                           The Painted Hinge 
                                                           The Cottage Market

9 comments:

Rebecca Lynn said...

Hey girl! I was just jumping online tonight and just happened to look at your blog! Lol. So glad you posted, it keeps our hearts full knowing your sane and surviving the holidays. And of course your little spot in the world is amazing <3 Hoping you have the most Blessed Merry Christmas honey girl, till next time. Miss Rebecca :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Hi, Tonita! That last photo makes my heart go pitter patter. Your mantle/fireplace wall and area is all so gorgeous! The crowns... the statues... love... And I love that garland! It reminds me of jewelry or a vintage belt for a dress or maybe you made it! I also like the one with the ornaments. Any way it's amazing! The trees do look vintage, I actually have one somewhere, but have not seen it for two years! Must be in a box somewhere. I also like to hang wreaths on my bedroom armoire. The one I had on the other day, the cat got and like pulling out lots of the pink flowers, I will have to put them back in. I might put some flowers in the bathroom or a globe, but then it fogs, but then it is small for 3, but yours is even smaller as mine is 5 X 8! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! xo Su

French Roosters said...

Everything looks so sweet. Where, oh, where did you find that darling rusty angel dog???? It looks like a cairn terrier, my Daisy and I'd love to buy one. Please let me know.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous love it Tonita !! :)

Tonita said...

Su,
Thanks for coming over to visit my cottage. And that cat of yours...how the heck did he manage to attack a wreath? Nope..My bathroom is bigger than your bathroom.. haha. Mine has 2 more square feet than yours, measuring in at 42sq ft. But- in small homes every single inch totally matters. Blessings.

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this decor Tonita! My favorite is that gorgeous armoire/tall white cabinet behind your adorable chair with the gray blanket on it. I want to sit right there. You've done a wonderful job with your beautiful little farmhouse.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those throw pillows! I love deer....I need to make some pillow covers! Beautiful decor! WOW!

Marcy said...

As always love your house, and wait patiently for your posts. Thank you for the recommendation about the toxicity of the trees, Merry Christmas and lots of health, peace and happiness for the next year,
Marcy

A Joyful Cottage said...

Be still my heart! Oh, I love your front room so much. The mantel is amazing and all your special "Tonita touches" just make it wonderful. Truly you live large in your small farmhouse. You are living the dream, my friend! Hugs, Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...