HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Dec 20, 2016

Snowflakes appear for holiday cheer

The Meaning of the Snowflake 
Every new snowflake comes to the earth .....


is a picture of our Saviors birth .....

 
because they are sent from up above .....

 
and remind us of God’s care and love.
 
 
Each one is so intricate and small .....


because Christ sees the details of us all, .....

 
and just as two are never the same .....

 
the Lord knows and calls us each by name.

 
Snowflakes gently cover the world in white .....


and hide what’s unlovely from our sight, .....

 
showing us how He covers our sin .....


and gives us His grace when we come to Him.


 
So may every snowflake bring Christ to mind .....


and in every bit of white may you find .....


a reason to celebrate anew .....


and a reminder of His love for you.


The lovely poem above was written by Holly Gerth. All pictures were taken at my tiny (570')  century plus old farmhouse in the Appalachian mountains. Many of the windows in my farmhouse still have the wavy glass, which makes them extra special to me. The window with the cafe curtain has sixteen
window panes and the grids allow me to merchandise them with collectibles. I have sweet little faux birds and nests scattered throughout my home year round.

 Snowflakes just spell W-I-N-T-E-R which is obviously fitting for this time of year. And they are so inexpensive to decorate with. I found several styles at the dollar store.The best part is that they do not take up much space when it comes time to pack them up and store them until next year.

A cold snap seemed to happen overnight here. Burrrrrrrr !!!!!!!
Baby it's cold outside and being that my farmhouse is a real old farmhouse that means it can get a bit more chilly than the new pretend to be farm homes. Anyone with a (REAL) farmhouse can appreciate what I am saying here, right?  So, the fireplace is in full use every evening now. Hot mulled cider drizzled with salted caramel sauce is in hand, as I warm up, both inside and out.

Blessings, and remember even at your age, it is NEVER too late to have a happy childhood. 


13 comments:

Lydia said...

I wish I had invited you to visit and take tea while you were still in Washington, so close to Oregon!

Tonita said...

Lydia, I would of loved that and you being the woman that you are could of polished me up a bit and taught me a lot, I am sure. Thank God He is not yet finished with us. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I adore looking at your pretties, inside and out. You have such a gift in knowing just how much to put together and a feeling of how to do it. Your style is classic and I love how you are making very old artifacts come back to life. I have been following your blog since you lived in Washington. You have made tremendous strides in downsizing and creating a new nest for you and your fur babies. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your new/old farm house adventures.
Elizabeth in Winston-Salem, NC

jeanannemarie said...

Your posts are beautiful. Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cate said...

Beautiful post word-wise and decorative-wise. Have a beautiful Merry Christmas!!

sandi s said...

Beautiful!!! Merry Christmas. Hugs,

Tonita said...

Hi my friend. Thanks for your never ending support. You are so special to me and I am happy that you found me through this little blog. I will never forget the day you and your hubby drove half way across NC to come and meet me in person and deliver a beautiful hand embellished unique broom to me. I know that took you many days to create and I adore and appreciate it. Glad you are here to see the farmhouse updates.

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

I know houses and how sometimes you have to open the doors under the sink so the pipes don't freeze or you can see the breeze blowing the window curtains.

Tonita said...

LOL, I am not at that point so I guess i am lucky. A neighbor did suggest holding a lit candle all along the floor boards to watch the flame and see exactly where the significant drafts are coming from. I do have storm windows and a fireplace and a split unit, AC,heater, oh yeah- lots of quilts. Have a very Merry Christmas, Thanks for stopping by.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Tonita! My dear friend, I am so excited to visit your blog and catch up with you! I had no idea you had finally moved to your farmhouse. Well, now I've subscribed to your blog so I won't miss anything. I spent some time last evening and this morning reading your latest posts. Oh, you know you are a girl after my own heart in every way. Love this snowflake post, love your heart for God, love your conservative views, your life. Yes, love it all and you. I took a 6 month blogging break, but am back at it and continuing with the Living Large in Small Spaces series. I'm repeating the Shabby Chic Retreat post this week (your tiny house) and popped over just for old times' sake. So glad I did for now I've caught up with you. Hugs and God's blessings to you as we celebrate the birth of our Savior. ~ Nancy

Tonita said...

Nancy, So wonderful to hear from you & know that you are back at blogging. I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you over the months and prayed little prayers for you. I knew you put up a 'Do not disturb' sign in a way.... by taking a much needed break. So glad you are re-charged and continuing with your wonderful series and blog.

Your little red home and studio is so charming, cozy and sweet (love your kitchen) and I am happy that you are settled into your community there in Oregon. Many blessings to you and your husband sweet lady.

sueli said...

Hi Tonita how are you? How can I buy the snowflakes to decorate my windows and door. I loved your crochê art. Please let me know how as soon as possible. Thank you . Sue M

Tonita said...

Sueli, Thanks for visiting. I collected my snowflakes in different places over a couple of years and continue to add new ones each year. I purchased several of them at the dollar store. The crochet art snowflakes I found at a thrift store. I also use doilies as snowflakes and I would recommend you starch them to help them keep their shape while hanging up. If you live near a Big Lots store I noticed they have lots of snowflake themed items for Christmas already on their shelves. One or two new ones might appear in my home this next winter and holiday season.

Many blessings to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...