HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Dec 25, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2016

Many blessings to you and yours on this Christmas Day.  I hope each of you were able to be present with the ones you shared your day with, really present - not with a phone in hand waiting for the latest text to come across your screen or whatever it is that people do on cell phones these days????
                                                                
                                                              
My mantle decorated for Christmas

 I myself often wish they had never been invented. The world seemed like a much better place before people got addicted to electronics and cell phones especially. Life seemed like it was just way more simple, to me anyway. People looked into each others eyes more often than they do these days. They used full sentences to communicate, they had longer attention spans and were not so scattered and stressed out.

                                                                       
My chalk painted vintage mantle done in Annie Sloan French Linen with white dry brushing technique on top

 I suppose that is one reason why I really feel so blessed to be  here in these old Appalachian mountains. The older folks still sit on their front porches and sip sweet tea and talk to one another and invite total strangers over and all with no cell phones in their hands or at their side. Most people here are not so rushed, fragmented and stressed. I find it kinda sad that technology is changing people and not so much for the better. Many old folks have succumb to having flip phones, but at least its mostly for road emergencies which is a good thing I guess. Like myself, many have never sent a text in their life.
                                                                 
Jeweled garland from Pottery Barn hangs across the mantle

 Texting.... well I just don't get it. Why do people have to be on some device all hours of the day?  It drives me nuts to see this sort of thing. I even take breaks shutting down my computer for weeks at a time. I often wonder what folks are going to do when the grid goes down one day?
                                                             
                                                                   
Farmhouse vintage mantle dressed in Christmas decor
 Speaking of texting.... I wonder if you texting folks know what the fist text in life said? It was written by a British testing engineer - Neil Papworth, back on December 3, 1992. It said "Merry Christmas".
                                                             
Front room fireplace in my TEENY TINY 570 square foot vintage farmhouse

I am so thankful we have a living God who didn't just send a text or written message - even though the old testament is filled with prophecy that reveals Yshua (Jesus) as the Messiah. Words were not enough, Jesus came to the earth in person to be with mankind. This is what Christmas is all about.

                                                                          
This sweet vintage wood mantle covers a rock and mortar job that someone drinking moonshine must have slapped up there?

Y'shua (Jesus) came, HE died, HE rose from death, He carried our sin so we could live. So we could be forgiven and be free from bondage and from death. To give us ever lasting life IF we come to HIM.

                                                                        
Old original planks grace the farmhouse walls as well as wavy glass windows

I am only a sinner saved by his grace, a child of an alcoholic mother that died when I was 21, an abusive father, a dysfunctional home and yet God revealed HIMSELF to me when I searched for HIS reality.
                                                                        
Did you know that the Christmas tree symbolizes Calvary? He was hung from timbers to give you life

 He touched my life and gave me joy. He worked forgiveness in me. He touched my heart and started healing it. He gave me victory in exchange for being a victim. He gave me rest on restless nights.
                                                                      
A pencil tree is tall and very narrow and fits perfectly in my tiny farmhouse. I decorated it in Snowflakes. See my last post to learn what SNOWFLAKE means.

 He gave me eternal life, He gave me TRUE love. He blesses me more than I ever deserve. He just rocks my world. I am in love with HIM. Yes, I am still a mess, I still continue daily to screw up, but he specializes in turning ashes into beauty and I am beautiful in HIS sight.
                                                              
The coffee table is a re-purposed wash basin stand that folds down flat, with a glass top.

 And ladies (and men also) so are YOU. You are made in the image of God and HE is completely in love with HIS creation. He loves you like crazy. Invite HIM to overtake you and ravish you with pure love, what in the world do you have to lose but yourself?

                                                                               
The farmhouse is full of funky little nooks, so these shelves fit in that space just perfectly








Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah & Many Blessings to you and yours. Remember - It is never to late to create a happy childhood, no matter what your age is. Now go play and be blessed.

                                                                        Tonita

       

8 comments:

debbie said...

oh i just love your house hows the tiny house doing?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you how very much I enjoy your posts. I've been following you for quite a while, but I don't comment nearly enough.

Unknown said...

i have just found your blog and i can tell you it willbeon the top of my list of favorites. your views on politics and the LORD match mine to a t your decorating thrills me. mine is more prim and 30s-40s as i have a wonderful man husband who doesn't care for frills.we live in a small space also a 14-70 mobile home and we have it full.it is very warm and comfy the lord lives here with us.we live in nw wi real winter here wind blowing 30 to 40 mph to day. stayed in and backed cookies warm hugs nancy.

Burlap Luxe said...

Tiny does not mean it packs on big beauty.
Loved your home for this Chirstmas and Will enjoy getting to know more about all you inspire.
I too could so live tiny, i inspiré thé use of old salvage when I create petite French opera theatre's over at my blog.

See you soon
Xx
Dore

Valerie said...

I'm loving the little peaks we are beginning to get of your adorable new home. Merry Christmas and God bless you!

Tonita said...

Debbie, Connie(?) and Nancy - Thanks for stopping here to visit my Christmas post. My tiny home on wheels is currently being used as a storage unit. Hopefully I will have it cleaned out and set up to use as a guest house this spring. I just have a lot of projects going on now, so no promises. Nancy -your cozy space sounds perfect for you and your hubby. I also love primitive pieces and like to have them in the mix, between lace and chandeliers. I really don't have rules for decorating, nor do I care what the current trend is.

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

Thank you for your message! Your home looks cozy and sweet. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lydia said...

I would like to talk to you more about this! Ladylydiaspeaks@comcast.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...