HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Apr 1, 2018

Egg-cited

 I placed a few eggs and nests throughout my little farmhouse cottage a few days ago. It has been a slow go for spring to arrive here in the Appalachian mountains.  Finally.... sigh..It is about time.

                                                              


 For me, eggs have a  deeper meaning than pretty decor that is part of a Spring time decorating trend. Eggs are part of the Passover Seder, as well as being the target of a Easter egg hunt for children. They represent many  different things to Jews, Messianic Jews and Christians who celebrate Passover or Easter at this time of year.

                                                           


  An egg once laid seems to be perfect on it's own. They can be eaten raw, boiled, scrambled, fried, over easy or incorporated into a favorite recipe. Still, the egg itself is incomplete as it can become much more. It can come alive, apart from it's existence and usefulness as an egg.  And so it is with us. There is also more for us as human beings. We can also be transformed and have a new life, which we receive when we enter into a relationship with our Heavenly Father by accepting and inviting Jesus to live in our heart.
                                                              
                                                                              

And that is so exciting it makes me do a happy dance. We have the potential to have new life when we are born again from above. We might be good eggs, but there is much more for us. We can come alive in a new way. When we invite Jesus to be the Lord of our lives we can then live up to our potential as a child of God. We can have a new life, and a new realized purpose and potential.


                                                                            


GOD is a good GOD and HE adores you. You are made in the image of GOD and well HE is just so in love with HIS creation.  At this time of year when Passover and Easter is observed by millions around the world, I am so thankful for the bless-ed assurance of HIS love for his kids. A relationship with God does NOT mean religion. Religion binds one up and God came to set us free from sin and bondage. Praise God. You can pray anyplace, anytime, right now or in the shower, garden or where you feel comfortable. 
                                                  

                                   These little sheepies remind me of the lamb of GOD.

                                                                             

   I hope you enjoyed seeing peeks of my little farmhouse as we enter a much welcomed season of Spring or at least a season of Spring that is trying. Many blessings to you and yours.
                                                                                 


                                                                      

                                                                       

                                                                       
                                                                      


                                                                
                            

                                 

                                                                         








 As you observe the wonders of this season, remember it is never ever to late to have a happy childhood. Take off your shoes and walk through the grass, dirt or even on pebbles. Take a break from your computer, your phone, and social media and go play or dance like nobody is watching you. Try to be present with what is before you. I dare you to take off your shoes today and go walk around outside barefoot and fancy free, even if  it's for 5minutes.. Let me know in the comment section if you allowed yourself the joy of this experience. It is called 'earthing' and it actually a very healthy thing to incorporate into your life on a regular basis.

                                   Many blessings. Happy Yappy Spring Time to you and yours.

                                                                              Tonita

19 comments:

Carla said...

I would love to take my shoes off and walk outside but here in Kansas we got an ice shower yesterday and it is covering the ground and it is COLD. I want Spring to get here now. I love your blog. Thank you for this message Tonita.

Downthelanewithdaisy said...

I love all the bunnies, eggs and birds. My home is awash with them. I love spring and Easter....new beginnings

pugsmom said...

OK, I did it. I took off my shoes and went outside to our apartment courtyard and walked around in the grass. It was still wet with morning dew as it gets very little sunshine. I have been having so much trouble with my feet and the cool wet grass felt heavenly. I let my feet dry in the cool air and then put on warm snugly socks my shoes. I may do it every day. All our apartments face the courtyard; I'm sure all the neighbors thought is 71 year old lady had lost her mind. LOLOL

Tonita said...

Carla, Thanks for visiting. Walking barefoot on ice is not so much fun. Hope the sun shines for you really soon.

Tonita said...

Pug mom- Good for you, you actually did it. I am glad you had such a positive experience. Earthing, as it is called has so many benefits.To name a few - It can help you sleep better, it lowers stress levels, normalizes the body's biological rhythms, improves blood pressure, relieves muscle tension reduces chronic pain, increases energy and vitality among many other health benefits. It is suggested to practice earthing for 30 minutes per day for the best results. Here is some more info http://www.barefoothealing.com.au/v/what-is-earthing/22

Thanks for trying it. Don't worry about the neighbors. Blessings.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Happy Easter! Such a lovely message. I love your vintage sheep and rabbits and the blue and white pitcher. SO pretty.

Wow. There is no wet grass here, and it is not that close, and the ground is rocky. Hmmm I will have to look that link up.

xoxo Su

Unknown said...

beautiful sweet and lovely :)

The Charm of Home said...

Wonderful message you shared here with your spring decorations. I grew up going barefoot everywhere. I still go out in the backyard in summer barefoot but, not as much as when I was a kid. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Tonita said...

Hi Su,
You can do 'earthing' just by sitting barefoot and letting your feet touch the earth. There are tons of YouTube videos about earthing. Lots of health benefits and it feels great. Fix a cup of hot tea and take it outside, remember to take off your shoes and socks and put your feet on the ground as you enjoy your tea. There you have it.. you have just practiced 'earthing'. Wet grass sounds refreshing and lush, but grass is not at all necessary. Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Many blessings to you too Tonita! He is risen, indeed. The egg represents so much! Thank you for this lovely and very special post ♥ It is my first visit here today - I have had a lovely visit!

Tonita said...

Carrie, Welcome and thanks for visiting here. God Bless You.

Tonita said...

Hi Sherry- from Charm of home blog - Thanks for stopping over here. I enjoy your lovely blog posts that glorify YSHUA. I am really a low tech gal, and not familiar with those "linky" parties, and so I was not sure if I clicked the proper buttons. I did add on my last (bathroom reno) post that I had shared with your blog. Maybe this current post is what showed up on your link party? Anyway...Many Blessings ahead for you. And I know you are a blessing counter.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs. You are extremely creative and have endless amounts of imagination. You moved into a house and made it your home. Love seeing your fur babies. Spring is just around the corner in the Applalachian Mountains.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What a wonderful idea! The next time I am working in my garden and the sun is shining I shall take my shoes off and enjoy the grass beneath my feet!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your Easter decorations were very sweet!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lovely post, my friend. So much love in your sweet little farm cottage. The older I get the more in awe I am of God's sacrificial love. He died to give us life. Wow! There's no greater love than that! Praise the Lord! Hugs, Nancy

debbie said...

Hope all is well miss your posts and your tiny house, what's new .love from pennsylvania Debbie

Rebecca Lynn said...

Hey lady! Whats shakin? Havent heard from you in awhile? Hope all is well? Love & Blessings sent your way...:)

Tonita said...

Hi Rebecca,
Oh my gosh - I'm reminded that I have not posted in SO long. I go days and weeks without ever using a computer and I totally forget I have a blog, until I am reminded by an incoming comment.

Life is wonderful here in these NC mountains. A day does not go by that I don't thank God that I left the West Coast where I was born and lived most of my life. There is nothing that would entice me to ever move away from Appalachia.

Been enjoying these wonderful sunny, warm, blue sky days of summer with minimal rain storms. As always, I am working on new projects and chalk painting furniture for resale. Also enjoying lots of sun drenched outside play days with my fur-kids at nearby lakes and rivers. Life is good.

Many blessings and thanks for stopping by.
Tonita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...