HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Feb 14, 2017

VALENTINES DAY AT THE TINY FARMHOUSE

                                                                          

Year round my home is filled with heart shaped items in one form or another. To me, they are just plain, simple and sweet. Some hang on old plank walls, others sit on primitive shelves. They even make appearances on my covered porch, and a few of them have made their way into the garden and onto the deck. Being that it is Valentines Day today, I am sharing some farmhouse frills and Valentine vignettes, roses, hearts, cherubs,Valentine cookies, candles, and pearls all seem perfect for the interior of my itty bitty 570 square foot, sweet farmhouse this Valentines day.


Old farmhouse plank walls are a backdrop to romantic décor


                                                                                
Beautiful feminine vintage dress becomes part of the farmhouse bedroom vignette

                                                                                 
                                                                               
Jesus holds the key to my heart


                                        
                                                                         
                                                                              
My closet door



                                                                             



                                                                              
A $2.00 vintage pillow adds charm all year round



A wreath of white roses on my closet door
                                                                          


                                                                              
I designed this farmhouse style  kitchen cabinet 
   
 
                                                                        
The countertops are made with galvanized  metal that I antiqued so that they looked really worn and old
                        


                                                                         
Perfect dishes for Valentines Day festivities
                                                                      

                                                                                    
Valentines cookies made with love
                                                                               


                                                                             
Farm fresh Organic ingredients


                                                                               

The cast iron heart shaped pan hangs on the wall when not in use




Lacy doilies line my kitchen shelves..... and oh' how I love my little pie safe
                                                                                 


                                                                             
  

                         
                                                                    
                             


                                                                           
Tiny heart shaped pans make adorable mini muffins




Real handmade heart soap adorned with little roses... Yes, it is my everyday bar of soap. Life is short, use the fancy stuff today




My dishwasher



Cherub guarding the fancy farmhouse soap




 A $14.00 antique mirror separated from a dresser hangs above the cast iron sink



Cherubs weighing in


God knows I need angels in my kitchen



My kitchen windows dressed for Valentines Day



An old heart made from wood and found in the street



A handmade heart made of strings of pearls and the masculine heart version made of wood



                                                                                 
A hand carved rustic rose graces the side of my refrigerator cabinet



Hmm, should I add some white chalk paint to the rose?


A shelf in my kitchen







Adding a bit of color to the farmhouse as Spring approaches


My mantle in her Valentines attire



My Valentine mantle décor is dedicated to the amazing dogs in my life, both past and present.



 



I heart dogs


Dogs leave paw prints on your heart



This buffet is in my little dining nook area




Yes, that is a sterling silver tea pot hanging from my ceiling




My buffet was originally dark wood that needed some help. Chalk paint to the rescue





I have a thing for galvanized items, especially hearts








When you live in a tiny space it helps to merchandise items 'upwards'.




Roses,  hearts,  Cherubs, Valentine cookies, candles and pearls....I hope you enjoyed.


May you find some time to play on this Valentines day.
It is never to late to have a happy childhood. If you missed it the first time around, create one for yourself starting today.
Blessings,
Tonita
XO








11 comments:

A Joyful Cottage said...

Utterly charming. As always. I never tire of your style, Tonita. Your little farmhouse is wonderful. I'm so happy now that I know where you are and that you are living life to the fullest. Your decor is so sweet. That vintage dress is amazing. I just love all your special touches. Hugs, Nancy P.S. Totally agree about using the pretty soap. Yes!!

NanaDiana said...

Thank you for finding me and leaving me a comment today, Tonita. What a sweet blog you have here and some wonderful hearts! I love them. Years ago I had my first few homes full of hearts. I parted with my collection over the years as I found new things to collect (it's a sickness I tell you)...lol
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. xo Diana

ps. Just so you know you are a NoReply blogger so I can't respond to you directly as your email is not attached to your comments....not sure if you are aware of that or not.

Carla said...

I adore your Mora Clock. I've never seen one like that!

Tina said...

Lovely inspirations...Thank you for the vintage charm!

faith said...

Thanks for sharing from your heart again. I never tire of seeing your tiny place and the wonderful things you bring together. Your mantel vignette is amazing and your final message so inspiring!

jeanannemarie said...

Everything is so pretty! I enjoyed my "visit" to your home very much. I can't wait until you post again!

Valerie said...

I just love the glimpses we are getting of your charming home! And I loved what you said..."Life is short, use the fancy stuff today"!

A Daughter of the King said...

Absolutely stunning!

June said...

I've always love your little house Tonita! I first saw it on Pinterest and fell in love!
Thank you for your lovely comment about my Christmas aspens!

Donna Heber said...

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. Everything looks so lovely, especially those heart-shaped cookies.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy seeing all your progress through the different NC seasons. Your imagination is endless and so is your energy. You have such a keen eye for details. Your never ending creativity and ingenuity is endless. Your house is now a home. Thank for for sharing. E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...