HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Aug 14, 2019

RUSTIC BARN WOOD HOODIE

 Two posts in the same month. I don't think that has ever happened here.  Today I'm sharing how I dressed up the area above my stove. The idea for this barn wood hood was inspired by other women before me who used barn wood to fashion a range hood for their own kitchens. This homemade  hoodie was built from local very weathered barn wood. It hides a basic generic and inexpensive range fan and light combo. I  have often considerd painting it white or maybe white washing it. Not sure - what do you think? Paint it white, whitewash it or leave it alone? 


                                                               

Sealed, rusty, chippy vintage ceiling tin serves as my farmhouse kitchen backsplash




The cabinet next to the stove was retrieved from my root cellar and revived and repurposed


Vintage rusty ceiling tin adds visual interest


A lamb keeps watch over my stove top


A boxwood wreath adorns the lambs neck


A thrift store votive candle holder works great as a crown for this little critter


The front of the hood lifts up to reveal a storage area


Farm critters can be found in one form or another throughout my little cottage in the woods. At least 12-15 lambs can be seen in this cottage on any given day.

 I also have a few dozen crowns scattered around the house. Many of the critters sport crowns over here in the little farmhouse. Did I mention that I am not a tiny home minimalist by ANY means. I am still in the midst of downsizing my belongings and have a goal to live a more simple life each day. I am not there yet.. but I am on the way.


Crowns always remind me of my Lord and Savior - JESUS. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.








Related image




As always.. Remember, life on earth is very short. Make time to play as it is never to late to have a happy childhood. May you be filled with the joy of the Lord. That is where true strength comes from.We have an amazing Heavenly Father who loves you like crazy. You are made in HIS image.     Blessings,
Tonita

Sharing this post over at - www.ThePaintedHinge.com

10 comments:

ann said...

i really love your cottage. would love to see photos of your root cellar.

I would love to see the barn wood white washed but it looks great as is too. Do

you do all your projects or do you have help. Your bathroom was really cute too. Thanks for

showing your cottage. Ann

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your rustic oven hood that is pretty awesome girl. Also think your lamb with crown on the rusty tin is super sweet. Your little kitchen is so cute. Happy Thursday.
xoxo
Kris

Cheryl said...

I love it just the way it is!

wife said...

My vote is to whitewash the hoodie. All the best!

Nancy said...

Your new stove hood looks perfect in my eyes.
It offers a wonderful contrast to all the white.
Can't wait to see how minimalist you become.
Love all you do and this is said from someone
who decorated mostly traditional. But I love all styles
Look forward to your blogs whenever they arrive.

Linda S. said...

Love your home and decor. I love the range hood. I think painting it white will tie it in better with your white stove. It'll give that spot a more cohesive look, but keep the inside area of the hood(around the lamb's head) the way it is. The lamb's head and crown are really cute! :-) That's my idea! ;-)

Dan said...

My wife and I did major remodel last year. And as she is the one with the 'eye' I sought her advice regarding the hood before making my recommendation. Her suggestion...leave as is.

Looks great!
Dan

Lydia said...

Hello Tonita,

Please pray for our duly elected and beloved President. Ever since he began the idea of running for office, celebrities and politicians were saying they would just impeach him, so it has been planned for a long time, even before he set foot in the White House. I got an email today from an Oregon Rep. that was just awful, trial and judgement and sentencing this man who is so busy doing good for the country no one can keep up with him. I can't think of one bad thing he's done to anyone. Please pray the left will have no power. We have waited forty years for this kind of person to represent us. They are going to try to throw out our votes.

Lydia

Rebecca Lynn said...

Just thought Id stop by to see what your up to for Christmas? Hoping your well and in good health? Merriest of Christmas's to you and am hoping you have a Blessed New Year! Love & Blessings, Rebecca...:)

Tonita said...

UPDATE-
Thanks to all who commented on my hoodie. So, I just wanted to refresh something here this summer in this tiny space. I really am not able to shift furniture around like I did in my large home of the past. I get bored and so out came the white paint. I decided to white wash the hoodie. Then another coat over that. It doesn't stand out so much now and blends into the kitchen better. There is no going back now. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...