HomeMy Tiny HouseFarm Charm CottageLe Chicken Chateau

Nov 1, 2014

It's been a long time......


It has been a really long time since I have been here on my blog. Thanks to those of you who have emailed me to check in on me as well as those sweet people who keep asking me to post more often. Come on, sit a spell on my land,  and I will respond to that. If my story gets too long I will bring out some marshmallows and we can light up the fire and do some toasting.  Mmmmm.... have you seen that recipe for toasted marshmallows and Baileys Irish Cream ?  Oh, sorry my mind is already drifting and going way off topic in just the first paragraph.

Getting ready for a blazing fire tonight

Writing comes easy for me but public blogging does not. There is just something that doesn't gel with me, here in cyber space. I waiver between sharing bits of my world, sometimes wanting to inspire others to dream and create, and the other side- that is private, with a strong inner voice that convinces me to hold off from posting. A partial (as it relates to this post) self description of myself goes like this. A chatty, unique free spirited woman who is a communicative extrovert who is comfortable with public speaking, talking to complete strangers in person, and very open and transparent in real life. Uncomfortable in the arena of social media, networking, communicating, writing and sharing her life from behind a computer, Not a fan of most technology, electronics or  gadgets, that she believes often stifles the experience of the almost lost art of interacting and communicating with the human race, face to face- without technology in the mix.
                                                 
I am not the least bit shy. As you now know, I MUCH prefer to be face to face with real people instead of sitting here behind a computer posting about life...... that goes viral in seconds to who knows who. Just my point. But, when you think about it that is just what a book does but in a way that seems more targeted, purposed or just more comfortable to me. I guess I am still just old fashioned in a lot of ways. That may be a bit of an understatement, that have my friends shaking their heads about now. I don't 'get' space book-(Facebook), instant messaging, tweeting or even texting .... emailing is enough for me. I am pretty low tech, no TV, no cell phone, never sent a text message in my life. This blog is a shocker to my friends who think that I would thrive living off the grid or maybe even in Amish country. I am not the only one left in the world that still hangs their clothes out to dry or uses drying racks for the most part. I still drive to the local family owned pharmacy and pay my power bill in person. I think the world was a better place before society became infatuated with and often times addicted to electronics. But, then again I believe the world was much better off before we became a 'progressive' and politically correct society. Ok,, I am going off topic again.



Heavy winds brought down trees on my property. As I was sawing them I noticed their beautiful fall colors.



Yep, I have a  private side once I am behind a computer. I have turned down magazine offers time and again, that want to do a feature on my tiny home. I am not motivated by having my tiny home in print, especially when they want me to do all the work of fluffing, staging and providing them with professional quality photos and then NOT pay me. Ahhhh - I don't get that??? Maybe I am missing something but truly that sounds like a job with no payout to me. One day I may change my mind. Not sure? . Please- don't get me wrong I am not a social snob, unappreciative or arrogant,,, just being real here. 

 Some, and probably most bloggers thrive, in that very public online space as they build their follower list and improve their blogs statistics. It may be to promote their business or to share their world or interests as they connect with like minded followers. Nothing wrong with that, however- that is not me. I don't care about casting a net to fish for more followers. I don't look at my stats nor do I care about them. Unique I know. I have never colored inside the lines. I dance to my own songs and always have. Those of you that find your way here are the ones that are supposed to be here and for me it is as simple as that.
  


               
This is going to make a great fire
                                                                                                          
 I only post on my blog when I am in the mood and for no other reason.  For me, writing is an avenue for release of thought and idea overload that often has my mind way too busy or even spinning at times. I much prefer to sift through interesting, beautiful and inspiring posts on other blogs than post on my own blog.

So why did I start a blog, you ask? To keep in touch with friends and family. Then one day after requests and encouragement I hit the "go public" or like, button and here I am. Blogging is a job for some and a hobby for others. For many it is an obligation to continually post for their audience. Lots of bloggers go into what I call "posting overload" because they have sponsors that suggest or require fresh updated posts on a regular basis to keep followers coming back again and again. I get it, many are drawing an income from their blogs or heading in that direction and it is important to keep those posts rolling. Most seem to thrive in their created online spaces. And I like to visit when I have time. So keep it up all you creative and amazing bloggers.

As I was driving down the road I saw this old ladder on the side of the road, I hit reverse and brought it home.
                                                    
That being said I want to thank those you that check in on me to see if I am still alive. Seriously - many of you do and that is so nice of you. I am honored that you care and I appreciate it. Heck, I don't even know most of you so that is REALLY special. Some of you  ask me to post more often and well how much can I post of a tiny home that is just 8' feet wide and 18' feet long? I don't look at this blog as my online public diary. I am not one of those gals who posts every time I buy a new picture frame or find a new brand of toilet paper. Again, I have to be in the "mood" to post. Thanks though  for making time to leave a comment and for checking in on me through many personal emails.. I am very much alive, feeling good, doing well and I am super busy, working long hours daily towards some personal goals I have. A life plan that I call "Act 2", that is in motion for the second half of my years on earth, God willing.
                                                                   
Fun to imagine who stepped on this ladder and what they reached for

 My blog has taken on a little life of it's own.  As I read all the comments I can tell that quite often people read between the lines and create their own stories or versions of how I live my life. It is fun to see imaginations set in motion.  Like some of you, I  have an inquiring mind - so I can understand what it is like to visit a blog and then be drawn into that bloggers world. Sometimes sitting up for hours reading each and every post on their blog. The mind is often curious and will easily drift into wonder, imagination and possibility if allowed to do so. I can get lost in beautiful pictures or drawn in by a topic that bears witness with my taste in style, décor, spiritual beliefs or political views. I am often interested in a bloggers story, home make over, creative project or maybe just because of the eye candy they share. Sometimes, it is as if  I want a back stage pass to meet the person behind the blog. Visiting your wonderful blogs and reading your nice comments is a mental vacation where I can dwell and be inspired in so many ways. For that I thank each of you.

                                                          
Another view of my property in WA state. Rural unincorporated King County, one hr from Seattle
 I am so honored that some of the long time professional big girl bloggers in blog land stop by and leave such nice comments. You all are awesome and appreciated. This sub culture attracts a pretty amazing group of talented and creative women. Some of whom openly and proudly share their love for JESUS on their blogs, or post awesome eye candy as well as those that share wonderful tips and tricks to save money or share their latest craft project, curbside find or new ways to fluff and beautify our nests. And what about those who share yummy recipes that actually make me want to cook (a miracle in itself),  And the gardening and homesteading blogs, the list goes on and on. So many women inspire me through their amazing blogs and/or comments. Thanks you so much.

 Many sign off with XXX (hugs) , and that is pretty darn unique and encouraging, and for that I say THANKS for your kindness ladies. To be even a tiny part of such a special group of sweet and supportive gals is amazing and really appreciated.  I am humbled that you take time to pop in on my little blog and my very rare posts. Many blogs provide a mental vacation for us, a wonderful time of sharing and inspiration and a place to take a break, and feel safe to dwell and be inspired, if even for a brief moment in time. To be part of such positive and supportive, encouraging people is special and rare in the world today. We live in such a serious world where life hits a lot of people with many negative punches.  So, while I am so low tech and don't post very often know that if you read this far that you are appreciated by me even though this is all coming to you by someone you have never met and through a computer or phone. Strange so strange but in a good way.  You are all special, gifted and talented in your individual ways and I want you to know time and again - It is never too late to have a happy child hood. Now go find some time to play and be blessed as you live out your calling each and every day.

I have a tiny bit of BIG news to share with you on my next post. Don't hold your breath as you can see I don't go into post overload but some BIG news is on the way. I am going to get myself in the mood and try hard to get out another post soon.

 Happy Fall y'all.  Tonita







31 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

I love the pics and that ladder is awesome,great find. I think the only way to blog is when your heart is in it. I also can't blog unless i'm in the mood. Like you,I love to browse through other blogs,especially one's about decorating their homes. :)

NanaDiana said...

Tonita- Thank you for the comment on my blog today. I hope the two ladies look for that book by Suzanne Sommers.

I am like you in some ways- very private on a lot of counts but I blog for my grandchildren to have a "memory book" of sorts for someday. I wish my grandmother had done that for me.

I am very comfortable speaking in front of a large crowd or on stage, also...but keep much of "me" personal and private.

I am glad I found you here and will follow along as you post/when you post.

Your little home is adorable. Very fitting. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you posted on your blog site. I, too, detest modern technology and don't understand why people are so interested in being seen and heard all over the world! I read on, I think your last posting, where you were contemplating a move to Asheville, NC - a very beautiful place. I was born in NC but have not lived there for a long time now. Will you move your current home there or purchase a new one? My husband and I live in a state we hate - long story about how we ended up here - and have been contemplating Washington, Oregon or Idaho. I love the rain but am not looking forward to an abundance of it which is why I am aiming towards Idaho.

I pray all works out well for you. Looking forward to your next posting.

Cate <><

P.S. I am on the second half of my life too, prayerfully. I am 59 :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Tonita,
I´m so happy to see a new post.I adore your home,to me it´s the perfect haven to escape from the world.The way you decorate the tiny house and what you did to the chicken coop is so fairytale like...I love it and I wish I could make my home as beautiful as yours.
Hugs
Caroline

Tonita said...

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for stopping by. I love old ladders and have way more than I need at this time, but how could I just drive by this beauty and leave it in the gutter? I have since chopped it in half due to a lot of rotting wood but I was able to salvage the beautiful rusty hardware for a future project.

Tonita

Tonita said...

Diana,
Welcome. I went back to your blog last night and just laid my hands on my computer screen over their photos to pray for those brave & lovely women. Those of us in good health often take it for granted not realizing how blessed we are. Just think about how much things could change in our lives, if we prayed for health and blessings for each blog owner of blogs we visit. I appreciate you posting about them. Thank you.

Tonita

Tonita said...

Hi Cate,
Thanks for your understanding about where I am at with my blogging. You get it. Where is the line of sharing info, pictures, projects with others vs seeking connection or attention through the computer? I am not putting anyone down, just sharing my thoughts or maybe my dilemma. You can reach a large group of followers but still be a lonely person while spending so much time online. I actually have a bit of loner in me. I crave my girl cave time and privacy where I am content to dwell alone. Never have I felt lonely in my life. Yet, I do feel unconnected in the midst of trying to connect online through technology. I don't experience the same thing when sharing life in person or even by phone with others.

To answer your question about me relocating and if I will keep my tiny home. My tiny house has wheels, so yes I am keeping it in my life.

I am LONG overdue to leave WA state. Beautiful as it is, I HATE the gray skies and drizzle for months on end. The lack of sunshine outweighs the beauty of nature and life here in WA, in my opinion. Also, it is an insanely over priced state to dwell in. Very high property taxes and so over regulated. I happily will leave it to the local Washingtonians who love it here. I have to wrap up lose ends and then I am out of here. More about that in another post.

Be blessed,
Tonita

Tonita said...

I forgot to say on my own above comment that I have made some amazing connections through my little blog. I have a new friend who I know will be a lifetime friend and that is rare and special. *Hi, Elizabeth- if you are reading this*. Followers have checked in on me and have made efforts to visit here, and leave comments and that definitely is a way of reaching out and connecting. I am grateful for that. Just would be more fun (I think?) to all sit down and have some lunch together. Have a nice day.

Tonita

pugsmom said...

Tonita,
I love your blog and would love to see more of it, but I also like the fact that you blog to connect and if that means fewer posts, but more prayer over the computer then I'm all for it. Thank you for your realness. (Is that a word?)
Sandy

CeCe said...

just read your piece and I thank you! CeCe

angie said...

danke für die inspirationen, ich finde die leiter am baum sehr dekorativ!!! liebe grüße und einen schönen tag wünscht angie aus deutschland

Deb said...

Hi Tonita - I just came across your pretty blog through another and am glad to have found you. I'm your new follower and soon to be a tiny dweller myself. Deb (Ontario, Canada)

thepaintedapron.com said...

hi Tonita, I am visiting from BNOP where I lingered over all the photos of your amazing cottage, with all the lovingly created details and incredible warmth and comfort. Bed and breakfast you make both, awesome!! I too am a little blog shy, and understand your mixed emotions. I started blogging just to push myself creatively and have been amazed at the places it has taken me and improved my artistic lifestyle. I think the best blogs are the ones that are true to self and not for $ or trying to impress :) I look forward to checking in on you every now and then, for some more glimpses into your special spot on that beautiful land~
Jenna

Susan said...

Tonita, you are amazing!!! I, too, cannot understand why people have to have electronics attached to themselves all day long. They are truly taking over our lives and I'll fight it kicking and screaming! I found your blog through BNOTP and now, I'm hooked on it. I'm following you now, but I understand that you will blog when you feel like it and not because it runs your life. Keep us posted on your move, I live in Alabama and I'm afraid our humidity and heat wouldn't fare well with a gal from the NW, but I LOVE the North Georgia area and Asheville, NC. Good Luck and hope to see more from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Your dream of living in your own small house and owning such lovely property speaks to the heart of all of us who remember that was our lifestyle while raising our children and we miss it like the dickens.
Your chicken coop is tres sweet and living from the land is something that lives in the heart and soul of all of us who hate the fast pace and noise of life today. I dido how you feel regarding electronics...everyone lives on their cell phone or Facebook. I balked over buying a computer but when our son-in-law was dieing three thousand miles away...another daughter said mom I think I can get email on my old computer for you and so it began. Our family live so scattered and that is another ache in a mother's heart but than again that's another story.
My first visit but will also check for future new posts.
With a grateful heart,
Sylvia Faye

Barb- NICUGypsy said...

First time visitor to your blog. Found you through Pinterest and SO thankful that I did. Haven't had time to read your entire blog but I look forward to it. What I have read makes me think that we think alike in many respects. I too live in a tiny house but mine is a vintge travel trailer that I daydream about decorating just for me, all girly and comfy. I am currently in Texas which is where I ended up just over 2 years ago. Health issues put a stop to my plans which is sad. Not sure it will ever happen but I am finally ok with that. So many thoughts and feelings right now but I don't want to bend your ear too much and it is also more than I am comfortable discussing publically. Yeah, I value what little privacy we are still allowed. I hope to have an opportunity to chat again sometime soon. Since you seem to be a prayerful woman, please add me to the list! Could use some strength and guidance in making some difficult choices. Nice to meet you!! <3 barb

lala said...

Hi, so happy to read a new post, but especially glad to read that all is well with you. I understand your feelings about blogging - I too am a very private person, and do not blog because of this, even though friends & family urge me to do so.
P.S. - I ONLY dry my clothes outside in the sunshine or inside on various drying racks - gotta love old school ways!

Karen said...

Tonita, I'm so happy you stopped by. I'm happy to find your lovely blog. Thanks so much for your kind words regarding the loss of our sweet Paris.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Hi Tonita. Nice to get a little update here on your blog. I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm a writer and need a creative outlet with instant feedback. It's the way I'm built. . .just love interaction. I do not like technology, however, so I have a love/hate relationship with my computer and the internet. Love the give and take communication , hate being tied to it. Ah well, it is what it is. Hugs friend, Nancy

oneplustwo said...

I love that you still pay your bills in person...it's the personal connection with people these days that we lack. I miss the simpler things in life. Writing a letter, picking up the phone to chat, bake a pie...I love the trip down memory lane.

Cyndilouwhoed

Karen said...

This is such a great post I agree with you on many counts. Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my blog.

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Tonita! I want to thank you for your sweet words you left on my blog. I'm so grateful for your generous compliments. You made me smile! :) I've seen your little house all over Pinterest forever. And I'm so glad I heard from you. You made yourself a darling little dreamy place! I'm so glad somebody will turn it into a dollhouse. I'll be on the lookout for it. Great blog! I hope you write many more posts so I can see what you're up to.
hugs♥,
Caroline

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
It's been a long time for me coming over to see how you are doing. I love reading your store's about your life. You need to put a book together some time. I am hoping you are doing well and you had a wonderful Easter with family. God Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tonita and everyone else. I was lucky enough to find your blog today I always google Shabby Chic to cheer myself up when I am having a bit of a low day and get inspired and inspired I was Your house is so beautiful. I just want to cosy up there and read and eat cupcakes with you. My house is full of Vintage and Rachel Ashwell stuff as well but needed a bit of re-organising - I too have a small space in London, England. I got organised today today and now my place looks totally different without buying anything new. I also am not keen on technology, and prefer face to face interaction, connecting with people and reading a real book ! - It must be something with the Shabby Chic movement. Keep on spreading the love and beauty x Louise from London

Tonita said...

Louise,
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my undernourished blog.
I am happy that my tiny retreat helped to inspire you. Yes... I agree with you, real books and real people face to face is the best IMO.

Gayle said...

Hi, Tonita; I just found your blog today and I'm in love with your reading nook and chicken coop in particular. I live in western Oregon so I understand about the grey skies and rain ... I wish you all the best in your new adventure and hope you blog about it soon. Gayle

Unknown said...

Hi Tonita - I just came across your pretty blog through another and i am so happy to have found you. I'm your new follower now...Hope to read from you soon here...

Happy Christmas

Isa

Anonymous said...

Hi, did you stop blogging? You are enjoyed by many. Take care.
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and I'm not even sure how I got here. I certainly am not computer savy, so I'm not sure if this comment will even post. Your blog is like a welcoming invite to your adventures. I am more than halfway through my life according to the numbers on the calendar, but not inside my head. LOL

My dream is to have a small house on a little parcel of land where I can plant a garden, have clotheslines to hang out my clothing. Bed sheets are heaven to sleep on after drying outside.

I will be waiting to read more of your posts, you think like me. I'm getting ready for my "belated" childhood.

Bless you and I look forward to more posts.

Dyane

Anonymous said...

Lovely little update on your blog, the pictures are stunning I love the autumnal colours! It's nice to see someone as passionate about shabby chic as myself! We are currently renovating our new home and any inspiration I can find is keeping me going! looking forward to adding the final touches when it is finally finished! Today I bought some lovely pieces from Uniqueetchic.com it's hard not to get too carried away!! X

Anonymous said...

I stop by just to look at your lovely house ... thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...